CAR WON'T START BUT REVERSE LIGHTS ARE ON.

2004 Chevrolet Impala

Ladre23

November, 2, 2013 AT 7:11 PM

Today I installed a new radio in the car. I unhooked everything including the radio & I had to leave so I hooked the battery back up & proceeded. Once I got back home I unhooked the battery again & continued where I left off. Long story short, afterwards, the car will turn on, but it won't start. I've been trying to start it all day. It's been about 6 hrs. I went to check on it & it didn't start again, but I noticed the reverse lights were on. Also when I turn the hazards on, the lights in the car get dimmer & brighter. Is this a battery problem or something more serious?

madmike1735

November, 2, 2013 AT 7:27 PM

Its possible that the battery got drained. Try charging it. Having it loadtested isnt a bad idea either. We need to start with the most probable here, and that is the battery. Will the car start run if jumpstarted? Also, do u have a security light flashing in the dash? These cars start acting wierd when the battery gets drained to about 10volts.

Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet
Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz
Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right