CAR WILL START COLD BUT WHEN HOT WONT START AT ALL....

1994 Toyota Camry

erickmbruce

October, 28, 2013 AT 8:41 AM

I drive a 94 toyota camry xle with the 5sfe ( 4 cylinder engine) and my grandfather did a head job on it. It has a new warter pump, distributor, spark plugs, wires, cap, and rotor. The head had three valves rebuilt on it and it blew a head gasket. When the car stopped working on me, I was on a highway and I pulled out one of the spark plugs to see when they looked like and the ends of them was melted. My granddad did all the work him self and he got it to where it will run for a while but if you go to run say like to walmart or to lowes, park the car and shut it off, go in and come back out and try it, it will turn over but it wont even hit a lick on cranking at all. He has tried everything he knows on what it could be and it still havent work.

Jacobandnickolas

October, 28, 2013 AT 8:51 AM

When it doesn't start, have you checked to see if there is spark and fuel to the engine?

erickmbruce

November, 6, 2013 AT 4:37 AM

Im not getting any spark. Getting fuel and air

Jacobandnickolas

November, 6, 2013 AT 5:34 AM

HAve you checked the crank sensor?

Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet
Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz
Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right
Fuel Pump Replacement Ford Mustang