Car will not start up

SHEILAMARIE
  • 1999 MAZDA MILLENIA
Car will turn over, all fuses and relays are good. Fuel filter and pump are good. Starter is good. Will crank just will not start up. What do I need to check next? Thank you.
Tuesday, June 20th, 2017 AT 10:14 AM

STEVE W.
You need to see if you have spark and fuel actually at the engine. Test for lack of spark using a spark tester or by shooting a bit of starting fluid in the intake. If it tries to fire/start you have spark but not getting fuel. Then test the actual fuel pressure.

If it is no spark there are a bunch of tests to narrow down the problem. This covers a few.
https://www.2carpros.com/articles/how-to-test-an-ignition-system
Tuesday, June 20th, 2017 AT 3:31 PM
SHEILAMARIE
I have tested for spark. I have spark, I have fuel going to the engine according to the fuel rail test. Had a "mechanic" come look at it. He said test my sensors.
Wednesday, June 21st, 2017 AT 5:00 AM
SHEILAMARIE
Let me be more specific. Left home, picked up speed, slowed down, lunged, died. Would catch and try to start once or twice. Pushed it home. Will turn over, but that's all. Starter turns, fuel is good, as said earlier, I have tested alot. Fuses, relays, fuel filter, fuel pump, it just will not start up and run.
Wednesday, June 21st, 2017 AT 11:05 AM
STEVE W.
OK you have fuel at the rail, but do you have injector pulse? Stick a noid light on a couple injectors and see if they pulse. If not then you need a scan tool or an O-Scope to test the sensors and see if you have a crank signal and cam signal from the distributor as well.
Thursday, June 22nd, 2017 AT 10:29 AM