Car vibration on acceleration

GOPIKRSNA925
  • 2007 FORD FOCUS
  • TURBO
I recently bought this car and while driving on the motorway at a speed around fifty mph whole car started shaking. So I slowed down and it worked fine. It just feels like you are trying to drive in fourth gear on at thirty mph road. Car struggles and shakes the whole car. I am sure it is coming from the engine. AA breakdown guy said he is not sure what is causing the problem. He plugged in diagnostics and found historic EGR error which he cleared and after test driving nothing came up.

AA note:
"Patrol found the following fault code/s:System : Global OBD II - 000 / Global OBD II Status :P0490 - Exhaust Gas Re-circulation Control. Error Message : Circuit High. Static faults. Vibration at speed above 60 mph suspect DMFworn"

This happens of gears four and five at speeds above forty five on a motorway and in third gear on a bank. The following is what I tried.
1) While on the motorway at around forty five mph I put the gear in neutral and revved it up, works fine no noise. Both with the clutch down and up.
2) No engine management lights on.
3) Engine mounts are tight and firm.
4) There is some black oil near injectors two and four.
5) No noises or grinding.
6) Timing belt changed and car serviced two thousand miles ago.

I have checked the signs of DMF failure it does not quite match. What do you guys think is the problem?
Tuesday, February 28th, 2017 AT 3:14 PM

KEN

This sounds like you have a problem with a cylinder misfire which may or may not leave a code, have you installed new spark plugs lately? Here is a guide on how to make the repair.

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/how-to-change-spark-plugs

and'

Video

https://youtu.be/EOGkj9_Ikpg

Please let us know what happens.

Best, Ken

Friday, March 3rd, 2017 AT 6:12 PM