CAR STARTING TO MAKE POPPING NOISE?

2002 Ford Focus

skiboy78

May, 12, 2013 AT 8:32 PM

I have a 2002 ford focus ZTS ZETEC engine with 78,000 miles on it. Recently I have this weird popping/clicking noise that has developed. It sounds very similar to the noise you get after you turn off the car and your car is cooling down. I figured out that the noise is really only prominent when the car is in gear and at idle. I had the belts checked and Brakes Plus stills says that they are fine. The noise is really only prominent when the car is in gear and at idle. I found a video that seems to have the same noise. It isn't the clicking noise that is constant, it is the little pop or crack that the engine makes about every half second to a second. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ci1c99n_Ldg

hmac300

May, 13, 2013 AT 7:06 AM

Check for a vacuum leak and clean throttle plate on both sides with choke cleaner. Have a local pro check for a bad cam/follower

Replace Muffler
Catalytic Converter Replacement Volkswagen