CAR SHUTTING DOWN AFTER 10 MINUTES

• davidnarayanan
  • 1995 Toyota Camry

2 weeks back when I came back from a shop, my car did not start (5s 4 cylinder xle model). Towed it. Realised that the car starts in the morning and can run for 5-10 minutes after which it dies. My battery is new. Temperator control sensor is new, Alternator is working good. New spark plugs and spark plug wiring. Had clearned (spraying carb cleaner) iac and throttle. Fuses (engine compartment) checked and found good. No fault codes. (Connected terminals te1 and e1 but no flashing lights in instrument panel). I am planning to check EGR, fuel pressure, fuel filter next. Please let me know what else should I do. Thanks

Friday, May 10th, 2013 AT 1:15 PM

• mhpautos

I would be checking that when if fails that you still have spark and fuel pump operation, check these first.

Friday, May 10th, 2013 AT 4:15 PM
  • davidnarayanan

Is it possible to have no spark after 10 minutes. For the first 10 minutes the car runs smooth like new.

Friday, May 10th, 2013 AT 6:38 PM
  • mhpautos

Yes it is, sensors can shut down when they heat up (if faulty) then work when they cool down, not that uncommon to see this.

Wednesday, May 15th, 2013 AT 4:07 AM