When starting the car there is a loud rough noise and a vibration

• 1 POST
  • 1999 SATURN SL2

Loud rough noise and vibration when stating up car, also have transmission fluid gushing out of bottom of the car (in the front of the car in the middle near the catalytic converter) and I have white smoke coming out of the tailpipe. Going through a lot of gas lately. The car is stalling it is an automatic, but I have to drive it like it is a manual. When you hit the gas pedal slowly and do not floor it like you are speeding the car looses power and it does not matter if you are driving or she going to reverse it still does it. I want to read it give signs that the transmission is going out and the fuel pumps going on at the same time. Please help. What can I do to fix my car?

Tuesday, November 8th, 2016 AT 10:33 PM

If you do not get the transmission fluid leak fixed you are going to damage the transmission. I cannot see where it is leaking, is it leaking from the transmission towards the front of the car or towards the back of the car? As far as the vibration does it vibrate in park? Do you ever have to hold the gas pedal all the way to the floor while trying to start it?

Tuesday, November 8th, 2016 AT 11:01 PM