CAR CRANKS BUT WON'T TURN OVER

• sublimelover
  • 2004 Toyota Camry

I just bought this car about a month ago. Since I got it thus problem has become more and more frequent culminating with my car parked at Walmart for two days now because it won't start. When I turn the key, the engine cranks but won't turn over. There is very little gas in it right now but I know it's not out - juš put 1.5 gallons in it and drove only 2 miles. Also, I've noticed that the first time I crank it the gas gauge moves very slightly but any more tries to crank it after the first the gauge doesn't move at all. And then I leave it alone for 15 min to several hours and come back to start it and the gauge once again moves on the first crank only. I have no idea if this is relevant or not. I'm a single mothers I am very limited on funds so I'd like to find out if this is something I can try to do myself (keeping in mind that I don't know a lot about car mechanics).

Wednesday, May 29th, 2013 AT 10:10 PM

• KHLow2008

You have to start with finding out what is missing causing the non starting. The link below explains how to go about.

http://www.2carpros.com/articles/car-cranks-but-wont-start

Thursday, May 30th, 2013 AT 7:20 AM