CAM PULLEY AND TIMING BELT

1991 Honda Accord

MyCuteCar

May, 8, 2013 AT 9:02 PM

I have a 91 Honda Accord. I couldn't set the timing because the belt had slipped a tooth on the cam pulley. I slipped the belt off the cam pulley with my fingers to turn the cam pulley one tooth but can't get the belt back on. I don't know a whole lot about cars. How can I put the belt back on the cam pulley?

mhpautos

May, 9, 2013 AT 3:17 AM

You ill have to remove the harmonic balance and all the belts and timing covers and release the tensioner, now the belt has been removed the tensioner may be stopping you from fitting the belt, and if it has slipped, you should replace the belt and make sure that there is no valve damage.

MyCuteCar

May, 14, 2013 AT 10:25 PM

I already removed the belts, harmonic balancer and both covers. Now I just need to loosen the tensioner to put the belt back on the cam sprocket. How do I loosen the tensioner? Do I loosen the center bolt on the tensioner? If yes, wich way do I loosen it, counterclockwise or clockwise? I try both ways but it's hard either way. I don't want to use an extension and then go the wrong way.

mhpautos

May, 16, 2013 AT 3:33 AM

What is the engine code? There are a few variant for this model and year.

MyCuteCar

May, 16, 2013 AT 11:40 AM

Engine code is F22A1. I already know it loosens just like a normal bolt. To take it off I might have to heat it up with a torch because it's on there tight. Now my question is, to get the timing belt loose can I just push down on the tensioner without removing the nut on the front and the other belt and other tensioner or do I have to take off the nut, belt and other tensioner to loosen up the timing belt? All I want to do is put the timing belt back on the sprocket.

mhpautos

May, 27, 2013 AT 2:49 AM

Ed.

Serpentine Belt Replacement Mercedes Benz ML
Serpentine Belt Replacement Acura MDX
Serpentine Belt Replacement Chevrolet Tahoe
Serpentine Belt Replacement
Serpentine Belt Replacement Chevy 1500
Serpentine Belt Replacement Chrysler