1987 CADILLAC FLEETWOOD WILL NOT START IN MORNING

• Lastwaltz001
  • 1987 Cadillac Fleetwood

1987 Cadillac Fleetwood V8 Two Wheel Drive Automatic 142000 miles

This is a weird one to me. Recently it will not start in the morning, if I wait until the sun comes up or at least it seams that way, it will start and run just fine. I checked battery cables and they were fine. All lights and engine lights come on but when I turn the ign switch the starter just doesn't engage. Then I wait a couple of hours and go out expecting nothing to happen and it fires right up like nothing is the matter. Once, I figured it was a fluke, twice, not really sure, but today makes three times in a row and I just don't get it. Any ideas at all? It is still dark in the morning when I first try and then a few hours later the sun is up when I try again, I know this shouldn't make a difference, maybe it is coincidence but it sure is strange to me. I have never had even one problem with this car starting so I'm kinda lost with this one. Thanks for any help or advice. Steve

Saturday, June 7th, 2008 AT 9:37 AM

• bobfeder

You have one of those sun cars only starts in the daylight. They were experimental only a few were made. Lol Is the battery ok if older than 2 yrs get a new one.

Saturday, April 11th, 2009 AT 6:02 AM