IDLE PROBLEM

Cadillac El Dorado

fernandoenriquez

March, 8, 2007 AT 6:09 PM

Hi,
i have a 1995 cadillac eldorado with a 4.6 northstar engine and it seems to be idleling at about 1300-1500rpms when in park. I talk to a mechanic and he said it might be my coolant temp sensor, I have a some knowledge of auto repair but I just done seem to find the coolant temp sensor. I tried doing some research to find some diaghrams on how do it and were it is locate it but had no luck. If you think something else is wrong please let me know. All help is gladly appreciate it. Thnx

kin chan

March, 8, 2007 AT 10:33 PM

Stop by a dealership parts dept. And have em' print out where it is located. To know if it is outta range.U need a scanner to verify what temp the ECM is seeing the sensor operating. What determine and execute the correct idle is pcm air fuel strategies for different make and models. Can't make a novice overnite a 10 year experience and train mechanic. Good luck man

Vacuum Leak Test and Repair - All Cars
Clean Idle Air Control Ford Super Duty 5.4L