1995 Cadillac El Dorado Car Cutting Off

ERICKW1822
  • 1995 CADILLAC EL DORADO
It first started w/ a slightly rough idleing at red lights and when I was parked. The engine would jump a little bit to about 2500 rpms. Then about a week later I bought STP Fuel Injector cleaner b/c I was filling my tank. And Changed my oil and Added Slick 50 Engine treatment, then a few days later I was driving and it started jumping to about 3500 rms when I was just crusing and the Service Engine light came on. When I put the car in neutral it cuts off, but always starts back up, but I sometimes have to pump the gas a little bit to get it to cut on. There isn't anything unusal leaking out of my car, no funny smell or no noises. Can you please help me. Thanks

Erickw1822@yahoo. Com
Tuesday, December 11th, 2007 AT 10:59 PM

BUZZSAW
Without looking at the car, pull the boot off the throttle plates and see if the throttle plates are carboned up, will look black inside it, if so get them cleaned, tps could be causing the IAC motor to enguage fullly, is the ck engine lite on? Scan for codes? Tune up?Wires and plugs?
Wednesday, December 12th, 2007 AT 9:57 AM