2002 Cadillac Deville P0741 AND P0410

SCOTWEST
  • 2002 CADILLAC DEVILLE
P0410 Secondary Air Injection System Malfunction

P0741 Torque Converter Clutch Circuit Performance or Stuck Off

Cost of Repairs?
Sunday, March 14th, 2010 AT 6:04 PM

SCOTWEST
2002 Deville / 4.6L V8 TPI DOHC 32V

I got this car at a really cheap price due to this car having 14 ODB Codes. I replaced approx 500 worth of sensors and now only show these 2 errors.

I would like to know what is most common cause for these and the approx price to have these issues repaired.

2 Other issues are Fuel Level gauge is not acurate and Check coolent level sensor in expansion tank is faulty.
Sunday, March 14th, 2010 AT 6:09 PM
DCBWAY
I can't give you a complete answer but I have the exact same situation you do and have gotten this far. Po410 is the Egr valve located on the top mid engine next to the firewall. Dealer wants between $310 and $370 for it plus labor. Get it online at GM parts-Genuine GM parts for around $210 including shipping. It's easy to replace. Takes about 10 minutes if you have mechanic skills. It fails due to water because the original pump inlet is poorly designed. A new air pump can be found at the partsladi on ebay that includes an upgrade that is less susceptible to water. Cost was $185.00. This one requires a lift or very tall jack stands to get to. It is located in front of the left front tire well behind the front bumper and you need to remove the plastic skirting to change it. Its not really all that hard once you get there but again you need skills or you could screw it up. I'll be watching to see if you get a better answer than I am getting on the po741 code. Dealers, tranny shops all say rebuild it for about $4000. I've owned too many GM vehicles to believe a tranny failure at less than 150,000 miles especially on a cadillac.
Thursday, March 25th, 2010 AT 4:06 PM
PMASPKS
I have just had the P0741 code repairs made at a cost of less than $1700. Problem is caused by a slight slippage in the torque converter. If the trans is in otherwise good condition the converter replacement will solve the 741 code problem.
-1
Tuesday, November 16th, 2010 AT 11:40 PM