A/C will not cool

GETSMART
  • 1998 CADILLAC DEVILLE
V8 front wheel drive automatic 51,000 miles.

compressor runs, blower blows but will not cool.
Thursday, April 24th, 2008 AT 2:09 PM

CORVETTER
I would check the large tube refrigerant line coming from the firewall. If that is cold you have a blend door actuator that sounds like it is out here are two guide that will show you what you are in for when doing the job.

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/replace-blend-door-motor

and

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/car-air-conditioner-not-working-or-is-weak

Please let us know what you find.

Cheers
+1
Saturday, May 17th, 2008 AT 10:55 PM
GTPADDICT
Hope this is not too late.

You will have to clear the AC codes before the compressor will turn on.

Turn ignition on hold down the "off" and "warmer" (red button) buttons on AC panel for a few seconds. The IPC will freak out for a couple seconds (it is a segment check for the IPC).

After codes are displayed on the IPC message center, you will see the message "PCM?". Press the up arrow (on the fan speed button) until you see ACM? Then press the down arrow.

It should now display "ACM Codes?" press the up arrow. After it displays the ACM codes, it will display "Clear ACM Codes? Press the up arrow and it will then change to "ACM codes cleared".

Now, press the Ooff button a few times to exit diagnostics.

Now your A/C compressor will turn on, as long as there is Freon in the system.
+11
Tuesday, July 15th, 2008 AT 4:26 PM
KEN
Hey,

Great addition to this thread! Please feel free to help out on the site whenever it can add information that will help.

Cheers, Ken
Saturday, May 27th, 2017 AT 1:09 PM
LYNNESANDS
  • 1998 CADILLAC DEVILLE
Air Conditioning problem
V8 103,000 miles.

I have been to dealer, they just want to replace whole A/C system but it works sometimes. I have a noise in the dash over by the glove compartment, it sounds like a little motor trying to do something. This went on for a while then the A/C stopped working, it said "low refrigerant". Sometimes I do not get the message but the system will only work on economy. I had leaks sealed and it worked fine for one whole summer. Now, it is happening again. I know A/C system works. Is feels like a computer problem. At one point, one mechanic said he restarted the computer and the A/C worked fine. I live in Las Vegas so this is very important in summer. I already survived one without it. I also have a problem that the car stalls at intersections. This occurred after having new plugs. Mechanic restarted computer (whatever that is) and it was okay for a while, but it is doing it again.
Saturday, May 27th, 2017 AT 1:10 PM (Merged)
BUZZSAW
The A/C will not work with codes in the computer, it goes to economy, your leak is probably the evaporator, common leak point on caddies, if it is low it will set a code.

Your stalling is probably crank sensors.

Scan codes, push off and warmer on the heater controls, with the key in the on position, write them down and post them here for me.
LYNNESANDS
Hi Bob and Ken

My A/C was working and stalling problem wasn't happening for the last ten days, but it is again. Here are my codes

PCM P0603 History.
PCM P1527 History.
PCM P1599 History.
IPC B1552 History.
ACM B1348 History.
No SDM codes.
TCS C1255.
PZM B1552.
IRC B1771.
No RFA codes.
PCM?
IPC?

I think that is it. Thank you very much for any help you can give me with this. I would like to keep my car on the road and trying to get a mechanic to figure it out here in Las Vegas has been difficult. I am starting to think it is a short or something. At least the stalling is. It started after I got new spark plugs. A/C was on the blink before that. I have one other problem with loose battery connections. They loosen up after a few months and the car will not start until you jiggle them just right. I get them tightened and they are okay for six months.

Thanks a million. Have a great day.
BUZZSAW
PCM codes is what you want, and ACM is your A/C code.

The PCM 1599 is a stall code replace your crank sensors, a relearn will have to be done at the dealer.

The other PCM codes are

603 is PCM reset done.
1527 is transmission range switch.

The ACM needs reset to allow A/C to run
and be charged up.

Reset all codes, after you scan code go to the three buttons up by IP and one of those will reset codes two of them will do nothing while in diag mode.
TRILLTWIN
  • 1998 CADILLAC DEVILLE
What would make my passenger side not blow cold?
With dual climate control, you have two blend air doors that determine cabin temperature. Most likely, one of the blend air doors is not working or is stuck.