1996 Cadillac Deville Theft System

BDZCADI
  • 1996 CADILLAC DEVILLE
My car will not start.A display message appeared on the dash and it said."STARTING DISABLED DUE TO THEFT SYSTEM REMOVE IGNITION KEY".I read the manual and it told me to use a spare key but I didn't have one so I went to a locksmith and got a duplicate key. When I returned to the car and tried to use the new key. It still didn't work, but this time t said."STARTING DISABLED DUE TO THEFT SYSTEM REMOVE IGNITION KEY". Then it said."THEFT SYSTEM PROBLEM CAR MAY NOT RESTART". Is it possible to disable the theft system until I get it fixed. If so how?
Monday, July 12th, 2010 AT 1:10 PM

FACTORYJACK
You can either buy a new lock cylinder, place a good key in it, and plug it in to the harness leaving it under the dash until it can be installed. Or if you know the resistance value of the key pellet, obtain some resistors of the same value and bridge the harness side of the connector simulating a good key. Then any key with the correct cut would start it.
Tuesday, July 13th, 2010 AT 11:51 PM