1993 Cadillac Deville car will not turn over, battry checks

CHARLESCHEEK
  • 1993 CADILLAC DEVILLE
Left lights on over nite charged battery all nxt day, car will not turn over. Battery cheks good alternator cheks good, starter checks good, fuses chek good. The problem seems to be some where btween starter and nuetral saft switch
Monday, July 27th, 2009 AT 8:45 PM

FACTORYJACK
It will not start in neutral either? You say starter checks good, has the signal at the starter purple wire been verified? Also, is the security light functional, and what does it do, if it is staying on while cranking you have a VATS system problem. Have you tried a different key?
Monday, July 27th, 2009 AT 10:55 PM
CHARLESCHEEK
Car does not start in nuetral, security light blinks while cranking, did verify starter puple wire.I dont have another key.I just tried to bridge two posts at starter with a scew driver, it cranked but didnt turn over
Tuesday, July 28th, 2009 AT 8:31 AM
FACTORYJACK
Just for clarity, I think of cranking and turning over as the same. I believe the flashing security indicator while cranking is telling us something. If you remove the lower drivers sound insulator, there is an orange conduit coming out of the column along with the wiper/turn signal switch harnesses. This conduit has two small white wires that come out of it. Those wires either go into a flat connector, or have there own two wire connector. Either way disconnect that connection and measure the resistance across those two wires on the column end. With the key in you will have a value(it varies). That value should remain the same through all key positions when rotated accy-off-run-start. You should not see O.L or other open reading at any time. If you do, the ignition cylinder has opened, more than likely broken at the cylinder. Did you verify 12 volts(or test light) at the starter wire when in crank, it could not have been there or it would of cranked.
Tuesday, July 28th, 2009 AT 10:05 PM