1992 Cadillac Deville Removing Calipers

WAKESK888
  • 1992 CADILLAC DEVILLE
I am trying to replace a couple wheel studs on my front right wheel an am not understanding how to get the calipers off so I can get to the studs. What is the easys way to replace the front wheel studs?
Monday, April 28th, 2008 AT 10:58 PM

LEGITIMATE007
Your calipers should have two torx bit bolts on the inside of the caliper. Once you get those off, then you will remove the rotor and get a press or c clamp and press the studs out of the plate.
+1
Tuesday, April 29th, 2008 AT 12:25 AM
WAKESK888
I am in the middle of trying to get the caliper off now. I do not have a Torque wrench so is there any other tool that I could use to get the torque bolts out with like an allen key or something. An if so what size are the bolts?
Tuesday, April 29th, 2008 AT 1:28 PM
BUZZSAW
I am in the middle of trying to get the caliper off now. I do not have a Torque wrench so is there any other tool that I could use to get the torque bolts out with like an allen key or something. An if so what size are the bolts?[/Quote:d414fb1624]

its a 3/8th in hex nut or allen wrench, to get the studs out hit them with a hammer, to get them back in use two of you lug nuts to do it
-1
Tuesday, April 29th, 2008 AT 4:32 PM