1991 Cadillac Deville Starting

TIMBO980
  • 1991 CADILLAC DEVILLE
My car was running fine, two days later I tried to crank it and all is does now is turn over and try to crank. I seems like it want's to crank but just won't go the rest of the way. I have replaced the ICM, coil new cap, wires, plugs but no success. It had a code of E53 and F32 I erased them and now it won't set a code because it wont crank. I also checked the fuelk in the rail and it has fuel with pressure but I'm not sure how much. Please help, thanks.
Saturday, February 9th, 2008 AT 5:43 PM

BUZZSAW
And e53 is a TPS code, F codes are body codes for lighting, take off air cleaner and look at the throttle plates are they black? Did you hook back up the distributor wires, squirt carb cleaner down the throttle while someone turns it over, does it start? If not its spark, something in the distributor, cam sensor or pick-up coil, or the coil you bought. Did you buy good parts or autozone
Monday, February 11th, 2008 AT 11:23 AM
TIMBO980
Yes I looked at the the carb and they are black. I shot starting fluid in the carb while it was turning over but no success. The parts did come from autozone but I put the old ICM back in yesterday and had the same issue. The car acts the same as it did before I put any new parts on it. I'll try replacing the hall effect switch next thanks for your reply.
Monday, February 11th, 2008 AT 12:45 PM
BUZZSAW
You will have to pull the distributor out to do it so put a pick up coil in it too, while its out
Friday, February 15th, 2008 AT 4:48 PM
TIMBO980
I put the new p/u coil and hall effect switch and it still doesn't crank. The motor tries almost has real low iddle while cranking but as soon as I stop turning the motor over if chokes out, If you have any ideas they would be appreciated, thanks.
Wednesday, February 20th, 2008 AT 4:43 PM