Air Conditioning problem
1985 Cadillac Deville V8 Front Wheel Drive Automatic 38,000 miles
I HAVE A NEW AIR CONDITIONER COMPRESSOR. JUST CANT GET IT IN WHERE IT BELONGS TO LINE UP BELT AND LINE UP BOLTS. IS THERE A CERTAIN POSITION TO PUTTING THE COMPRESSOR TO BEGIN? ANYONE KNOW THE PROCEEDURE? PLEASE HELP, THANK YOU.
1. Disconnect battery negative cable.
2. Discharge the refrigerant system
3. Disconnect electrical connector at compressor.
4. Loosen compressor mounting bolts and remove compressor belt.
5. Remove refrigerant line connector block mounting bolt from rear of compressor and remove connector block. Discard O-rings and cap connector block ends to prevent dirt or moisture contamination.
6. Remove compressor mounting bolts, nuts and spacers. Remove compressor.
To install: 7. Drain compressor. Measure and record oil quantity.
8. If a new compressor is to be installed. Drain the refrigerant oil from the compressor and add the same amount of fresh 525 viscosity refrigerant oil as recorded previously.
9. Position the compressor in vehicle and install mounting bolts, nuts and spacers.
10. Coat new O-rings with 525 viscosity refrigerant oil and install on connector block.
11. Install connector block to compressor and secure with attaching bolt and washer. Torque bolt to 25 ft. Lbs. (34 Nm).
12. Install compressor belt and adjust to specification.
13. Reconnect electrical connector to compressor.
14. Evacuate, charge and leak test system.