2004 Cadillac CTS Home link and remote keyless entry both

DAVEFOTIA
  • 2004 CADILLAC CTS
Last week, my homelink unit and my remote keyless entry failed at the same time on my CTS. The dealer tired to tell me that I needed a new homelink unit for $500 and that my keyless remote needed a new battery. Totally wrong. The keyless remote battery is 100% and they have no idea what's wrong. I think it's something to do with a commion transmitter and receiver in the car. What do you think it is?
Friday, March 14th, 2008 AT 11:53 AM

BUZZSAW
Was this a caddy dealer?
Friday, March 14th, 2008 AT 4:50 PM
DAVEFOTIA
Yes, it was Ed Morse Cadillac in Tampa. I have had very poor results from them everytime I've taken my car in for service. They replace parts until they fix the problem instead of trying to figure it out.
Saturday, March 15th, 2008 AT 8:53 AM
BUZZSAW
Sometimes thats what you have to do, and dealerships do it everyday. Thats what aftermarket places dont have, the ability to do that. I know how they work, Ive been there. Dealers dont always send people to school, its easier to learn from the shop, cause things happen there more often than they can teach in school.
Sunday, March 16th, 2008 AT 2:29 AM