Window will not roll down

HSPARKSJR1980
  • 2003 CADILLAC CTS
On my Cadillac CTS the driver side doors automatic functions will not work. The window will not roll down, the door will not unlock, and the mirror will not move. But you can still control the other window and doors from the driver side. I am wondering if it is the fuse or something else? Can you please help?
Saturday, October 25th, 2008 AT 10:04 PM

IMPALASS
Hello

The information I have is the driver's door module. All of those items go thorough that and are controlled by that. There was a technical service bulleting about many mirrors being returned as not working and they were all good. It was due to the control module. This same TSB was under the door locks and windows as well.

Have you had your battery disconnected recently?

What you might consider doing is swapping that with one in the passenger door and see if the problem moves to that door. If so, it is the module.
Saturday, October 25th, 2008 AT 11:19 PM
IMPALASS
Hello Again, I just thought, your drivers door module may not be the same as the passenger. So before you tear the doors apart, call the parts department and see if the drivers and passenger's module are the same part number. If so, then I would do the check. I will continue to look to see if there are any checks you can do to the module if the passengers are not the same. Please let me know.
+1
Saturday, October 25th, 2008 AT 11:43 PM
HSPARKSJR1980
Would this also effect the radio, temp guage, and fuel guage? When you open the drivers door it is suppose to turn off the radio and this is not happening. Also when the car is running and you have the radio turned off it will turn on automatically. Also the radio just cuts off and on and the display always changes between different screens and then locks. The guages aren't working correctly either. Also at night the dash lights will turn on bright and then turn off and keep flashing. The traction control light is staying on also. Can this all be related or do I have multiply issues?
Sunday, October 26th, 2008 AT 5:37 PM
IMPALASS
Hello

Just a couple of things, I had asked on the last post if you have had your battery disconnected recently? Have you? Also, have you had to jump your car or someone else's?

Based off of the additional information you provided, you may have a control module going bad. Which one I am not sure since you need a scan tool to check them all and see what codes they produce. What you are talking about though is tied to the Accessory Delay Module or (RAP) Retained Accessory Power. This takes input from the dash integration module. I attached a brief description of what it does. I put down just a few other modules the RAP interfaces with. I would lean toward the Dash Integration Module since it monitors so many items to include input from the door modules. Some of these are, Climate control panel, Dash Integration Module, Engine Control Module, Instrument Panel Cluster, Lt Headlamp Leveling Module, Rear integration Module, Rt Headlamp Leveling module.

I do believe your problems are all related. Again, you will have to have a scan tool hook up for the test. As I reviewed, the test is pretty detailed. It will produce certain codes for the mechanic to check and direct them to the bad module.

If it were me, I would still check on the part numbers of the door module. If the drivers and passengers is the same, I would swap them and see if the problem moved.
+3
Sunday, October 26th, 2008 AT 8:28 PM
IMPALASS
Sorry forgot to attach this on the Accessory Delay Module

RETAINED ACCESSORY POWER (RAP)

SERIAL DATA CONTROL OF RETAINED ACCESSORY POWER (RAP)
Retained accessory power (RAP) is a vehicle power mode that permits the operation of selected customer convenience items after the ignition switch is turned OFF. These selected items will remain in operation until a passenger compartment door is opened or until the RAP function timer reaches its shut-off limit. The modules listed below all receive a RAP message from the dash integration module (DIM) over the serial data circuits. The DIM monitors the ignition switch position, battery condition and passenger compartment door status to determine whether RAP should be initiated. The DIM then sends a message to the listed modules telling them that they are in RAP power mode. The modules then support the operation of the systems under their control as required by their RAP power mode strategy.

RAP will end when one of the following conditions are met:

The DIM receives an input as a serial data message from any door module indicating the opening of a passenger compartment door.
The DIM receives a message from its internal timer indicating the end of the RAP period after 10 minutes.
The DIM detects a decrease in battery capacity below a prescribed limit.
The transition from OFF to RUN/ON or ACC of the ignition switch.
The DIM module then sends a serial data message to the listed modules ending the RAP function.

The modules receiving serial data messages for RAP functions are:

The driver door module (DDM)
The front passenger door module (FPDM)
The left rear door module (LRDM)
The radio
The rear integration module (RIM)
The right rear door module (RRDM)
The TV antenna module
The vehicle communication Interface module (VCIM)
RELAY CONTROL OF RETAINED ACCESSORY POWER (RAP)
When the rear integration module (RIM) is in the RAP function as described above, it actuates the RAP relay. This provides power during the RAP period for, the sunroof control module w/CF5.

The RIM deactivates the RAP relay to end the RAP function when it ends the RAP function as outlined in the previous text.
+2
Sunday, October 26th, 2008 AT 8:32 PM