CRUISE CONTROL ISSUES

2003 Cadillac CTS

daniel himsey

June, 23, 2009 AT 8:38 PM

2003 Cadillac CTS 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 96000 miles

A few days ago the cruise control stopped working. The cruise activation and set buttons are located in the bottom spoke of the steering wheel. When the " activation" button is depressed for a second it is supposed to turn the cruise capability on, but now it doesn't stay on. Yet, if I hold the button down or wedge a tooth pick between the button and the steering wheel frame it stays engaged. At this time I can depress the " set" button and the cruise will stay engaged. Is this hurting the electrical system? And, what is the problem? Thank you so much for any help!
Danny & Natalie

factoryjack

June, 24, 2009 AT 9:43 PM

Sounds to me like the cruise on/off switch is not latching. I am not sure if there is a default to consider, like if a code is set that it won't power.

cts2003

September, 29, 2009 AT 1:02 PM

I have the same problem! It started right after I got my car fixed. Did you find a solution? Thanks!