2003 CADILLAC CTS CRUISE CONTROL ISSUES

• daniel himsey
  • 2003 Cadillac CTS

2003 Cadillac CTS 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 96000 miles

A few days ago the cruise control stopped working. The cruise activation and set buttons are located in the bottom spoke of the steering wheel. When the "activation" button is depressed for a second it is supposed to turn the cruise capability on, but now it doesn't stay on. Yet, if I hold the button down or wedge a tooth pick between the button and the steering wheel frame it stays engaged. At this time I can depress the "set" button and the cruise will stay engaged. Is this hurting the electrical system? And, what is the problem? Thank you so much for any help!
Danny & Natalie

Tuesday, June 23rd, 2009 AT 8:38 PM

• factoryjack

Sounds to me like the cruise on/off switch is not latching. I am not sure if there is a default to consider, like if a code is set that it won't power.

-1
Wednesday, June 24th, 2009 AT 9:43 PM
  • cts2003

I have the same problem! It started right after I got my car fixed. Did you find a solution? Thanks!

Tuesday, September 29th, 2009 AT 1:02 PM