2003 Cadillac CTS Car won't turn over

SAMMIE SLICE
  • 2003 CADILLAC CTS

2003 Cadillac CTS V8 Two Wheel Drive Automatic 65000 miles

After I replaced the alternator, the car wouldn't star it would make a clicking sound.I finally got it to turn over, a few times then back to clicking sound. I had it towed to a mechanic, he changed the starter and it still won't turn over. Possible problem engine frozen? It didn't lose oil, didn't heat up, I feel there is an electrical problem. He is my local mechanic not the Cadillac dealer. Is it possible that the engine is frozen?

Tuesday, November 9th, 2010 AT 1:40 AM

Is it cranking over and will not start or just won't crank over at all/nothing when you turn key to starting position?

+2
Tuesday, November 9th, 2010 AT 2:17 AM
SAMMIE SLICE

It won't crank over at all, just the clicking sound. When the starter won't engage it makes this sound.

+1
Tuesday, November 9th, 2010 AT 10:54 AM

Inspect and test all fusible links, starter motor relay, park/neutral switch, starter motor and ignition switch assuming the battery condition and connection are good-

+1
Tuesday, November 9th, 2010 AT 11:14 AM