Bypass anti theft system

DALLASSCOTT
  • 2002 JEEP GRAND CHEROKEE
How do I bypass or eliminate the anti theft system in my 2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee? The ignition cylinder has been removed so I can start it with a screwdriver, because all of my keys (and fobs) were stolen. It will not stay started for more than about 2 seconds.
Thursday, December 4th, 2014 AT 6:41 PM

KEN

You cannot bypass the alarm system. I would do a hard reboot of the system which is easy. Just remove the negative battery cable and hold it to the positive battery cable terminal for 1 minute this will discharge the capacitors and reset the system.

Here is a guide to help you see what I am talking about.

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/how-to-reset-a-security-system

You need the RF chip in the original key and glue it to the new key which will work

Also lock and unlock the rear hatch I have seen that work as well.

Please let us know what happens.

Cheers, Ken
+11
Monday, April 24th, 2017 AT 11:47 AM
MIKE BURGE
  • 1994 JEEP GRAND CHEROKEE
  • AWD
That worked for me! Thanks for the tip :)
+9
Wednesday, April 26th, 2017 AT 9:34 AM (Merged)
ZACH MCGAHA
I have a 94 Jeep Wrangler, and it's got a anti theft key I stick in under the stearing wheel Everytime before I start it, or it won't let the start crank the engine. Recently it's not been wanting to start, and I thought maybe the starter went bad, so I replaced it. And the battery and it seemed to have fixed my issue. But negative, got to work the next day and after a couple hours of driving and turning it off and on. It won't start again. I have the key plugged in, and when I turn my ignition key over to on, the brake light comes on, and check engine. Then check engine goes away but the brake light stays until it's started but it won't start, no click, nothing. I'm thinking it's this anti theft key Because the female side I have to plug it into is kinda cracked and the key is old as hell and withered. Is there a way to easily fix this? Or bypass it. And where can I buy a new one from? Please help me!
Friday, December 28th, 2018 AT 6:14 PM
KEN
Is the security light flashing? Please post your new question here, you must be logged in.

https://www.2carpros.com/questions/new

Cheers, Ken
+2
Saturday, December 29th, 2018 AT 11:05 AM
JEEP200
  • 2000 JEEP GRAND CHEROKEE
Hi, I'm having trouble getting the anti-theft to turn off. I replaced the ignition and driver door lock plus the actuator on the rear. And passenger doors. How can I program the key with the new ignition to start the car or what else can I do to bypass anti-theft?
Thursday, January 17th, 2019 AT 7:01 PM (Merged)
KEN

Bypassing the alarm is difficult. Here are the instructions to program the remote and a guide to help you reset the system:

Program Method A (Customer Program Method)
Press (LOCK) button 5 times at 2 second intervals to resynchronize transmitter. Attempt to function transmitter, if working as designed discontinue programming.
Turn ignition to run position. (Allow ignition chimes to stop).
Using any original (working) transmitter, press the [UNLOCK] button for 4 to 10 seconds.
Within the specified 4 to 10 seconds, continue pressing the [UNLOCK] button and press the [PANIC] button for 1 second and release both buttons (AN/DN release either button first). A chime will sound to indicate that the transmitter programming mode has been entered (allow 3 seconds for chime to sound).
Press [LOCK] and [UNLOCK] buttons simultaneously for 1 second and release (a short chime will sound for AN/DN).
Press and release any button on the same transmitter and a chime will sound after successfully programming the transmitter (locks will cycle for AN/DN).

Please let us know what happens.
WHIDBEYLM
  • 2004 JEEP GRAND CHEROKEE
  • AWD
Alarm problem with 2004 jeep, alarm goes off sometimes with I unlock the driver side door with a after market the key, I do not have the remote for the key less entry.
It sounds like you have a driver side door latch that is out which has a micro switch which disables the alarm. I would replace it and see what happens.

You can try to manually lock (now "unlocked doors") each door on your car (meaning: open each door, lock each with your fingers).

Then go to the drivers door and unlock it manually with the key, from outside

This supposedly will reset it

Good luck!

If it does not work, don't fret, someone else will be along to correct me!

The Medic
ERNESTO123
Your driver's side keyfog has a switch that is damaged and needs replacement. What is going on is this: when you enter the key and turn it, the keyfob switch does not act dissabling the alarm. Next, when you open the door, the door open swhitch (which is a different switch) lights the interior lights and the alarm module interprets this as an intrussion and triggers the alarm outloud. So, all you need to do is to locate the switch in the extreme of the door keyfob and replace it. In my jeep such keyfob comes sealed with the switch so both things need to be replaced.
+3
WHIDBEYLM
I fix the alarm system, I had to buy a new key and remote. No more alarm going off. The remote controls everything.
+1
AMBERS0412
  • 2000 JEEP GRAND CHEROKEE
  • AWD
I have a 2000 Jeep grand Cherokee. It was dying out on me for no reason at random times I went to run a diagnostic on it only to get told the computer in the jeep was for a 2001 and mine is a 2000 so therefore they could not diagnose it. So I bought a new computer for it programmed to my vehicle, put it in and now the security system is messing up the lock is staying on and the vehicle dies right out and wont stay on? Please help
When you replace computers you need to have a pro input the security details otherwise you will have your problem you do now. No matter what the a-holes at the autoparts tell you
AMBERS0412
Theres no way to reset the security system? When the new computer is in theres a light with a key and line threw it. It starts for like 2 seconds and then dies.
When a computer is replaced in the newer models a mechanic has to program in the security system otherwise you get what you have now. You cannot reset it because it doesn't recognize it.
-1
HGREE3
  • 2001 JEEP GRAND CHEROKEE
Went and asked about the anti-theft and car starting problem, the man told me that if the theft light blinks it is a problem reading the key, and if it stays solid it is the computer. So far, the key light stays solid; is there anyway to fix the computer at home? Any suggestions on to what in the computer is going bad?
+1
Try a reset or another key if you have one not a new key as it will need to be programmed. See our link.
RT
  • 2003 JEEP GRAND CHEROKEE
The alarm system goes off when entering the car useing a key in the door lock.
I hate to say it, but it needs checked by a dealer that has the proper test equipment for the vehicle.
-1