2005 Buick Terraza Power Side Doors

DONC377
  • 2005 BUICK TERRAZA
My van has recently developed a problem with the passenger power door. The door will close but it seems will not latch at the rear latch. It seems like the door isn't recognizing that it's closed. The motor attempts to keep running even after the door is closed but the latch doesn't catch. I can turn the power off to the door via the switch and close the door manually and it will latch. Manually closing the door causes another problem though. The door open alarm, beeping will continue to sound even though the door is latched closed manually. The door ajar alarm will sound but there will be no indication in the information section on the dash. I tested to see if the door ajar works on that door when it's actually open and it does indicate on the dash.
I pulled the 40 amp fuse for the problem door thinking that it might stop the door ajar alarm beeping and it didn't. The strange thing though is when I did pull the fuse the door control box would start to click as though a relay was buzzing. I went ahead and pulled both 40 amp fuses for left and right doors thinking that would cut power to the door control box but the relay still was fluttering. Is this a door control box problem, feedback switch problem, opening motor problem or.

Any help would be great.
Saturday, January 26th, 2008 AT 5:50 PM

JACK42
Sounds more like a problem with the latch/switch assembly not seeing that the door is closed, and trying to run the motor more and that would also explain the warning light, the BCM doesnt think the door is shut because the latch isnt telling it so
-1
Sunday, January 27th, 2008 AT 9:28 AM
DONC377
That makes some sense. What doesn't make sense is the door ajar sound I get but I don't get the message when the door is manually closed. It drives me nuts, I had to unplug the amp fuse to get it to stop.
So is there a sensor that tells the rear latch to latch on the door when it reaches the closed position. The door won't latch when I use the power shut function. So is there a solenoid that latches holds the rear latch open and then releases when a sensor indates the door is in the closed position. I plan on trying to find a service manual for the van.
-1
Sunday, January 27th, 2008 AT 6:30 PM
JACK42
There are probably two sensors for th edoor, one for the motor and one for the BCM. If you plan on getting a manual, go here

http://www.2carpros.com/articles/mitchell1eautorepair-car-repair-manuals

Same software shops use, printable and more helpful than a book
Monday, January 28th, 2008 AT 7:30 AM
DENNYP
First, reset the cable tension for the power door actuator. Also, check the center roller assembly on the door to make sure it's not bent. If it's slightly bent, replace it.
Thursday, October 9th, 2008 AT 9:19 PM