Change Oil Soon warning light

TIM276
  • BUICK REGAL
I have a 2002 Buick Regal LS with 96000 miles, and a 3.8L Series II engine. The Change Oil Soon warning light started coming on as soon as I start the car and stays on for approximately 35 seconds, then goes off. I do not need to change my oil for another 1522 miles. I tried resetting it by turning the key to the "run" position and pressing the accelerator 3 times, however the Change Oil Light never started blinking. Anybody know how I can fix this?
Thursday, February 8th, 2007 AT 8:46 PM

BOBBY12333
I have a 1998 Buick that has to be reset the same way. Read the owners manual & make sure you are
pressing the accelerator pedal 3 times within the time limit it states or it won't work. I found this out
when I changed the oil in my car myself. It is supposed to be reset each time the oil is changed.
Hope this helps. I remember trying several time before getting the timing right to make the light flash.
Thursday, May 10th, 2007 AT 4:16 PM