1999 Buick Regal HEAD LAMPS OUT

• 1 POST
  • 1999 BUICK REGAL

1999 Buick Regal 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 200K miles

The front head lamps went out in our Buick. One turn signal bulb was burnt(drivers side) and I replaced it. However, when you use the turn signal switch to the right, the relay clicks very fast, but still does not blink, when turning left, the relay clicks normally.
When it gets dark out side normally the head lamps would turn on, however they don't anymore. I checked the bulbs and they are fine. When I turn the head lamps on, the rear tail lights come on, just not the front head lamps.
What can this be? How many parts could be involved/
Thank you for your experience and expert advise.
Larry Santos
I'm sorry, I am disbaled and broke otherwise I would donate honestly.

Thursday, February 11th, 2010 AT 1:39 PM

Welcome to the forum. I'd check voltage to the headlamp, there are fuses in the underhood fusebox. One fuse for the left headlamp and another for the tight. Use a testlite on the fuse circuits, should be hot all the time. On and off, bright and dim are controled on the ground side, by headlamp switch and dimmer. The wiring circuit itself could be an issue.

Thursday, February 11th, 2010 AT 2:01 PM