1993 Buick Regal Leak

• 1 POST
  • 1993 BUICK REGAL

Engine Cooling problem
1993 Buick Regal 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 257, 80 miles

Again, 93' Buick Regal with over 257,000 with a 3.1 MFI engine. New radiator and thermostat but still runs a little warm now meaning that it did run below 200 F and now gets up close to and at 220 F quite frequently but then drops back down. Checked radiator and it seems to be running low but resevoir is fine. Have a leak whenever I park the car and looks to be like it is coming from the middle of the motor. Checked all hoses going to radiator and motor and no cracks or damage visible. Fans work properly at correct time and everything. Really hoping it is not something major but thinking it may be the water pump leaking just enough to where I cannot find the leak or in other words, just starting to go bad. I look under the car and the coolant seems to be "running" across the frame then dripping when parked. Anyone got any ideas on this? Do not want to replace the water pump if this is not the problem. Thank you.

Saturday, May 16th, 2009 AT 5:41 PM

I have a feeling that it is your water pump.

Monday, May 18th, 2009 AT 1:17 AM