Buick Lesabre will not start

ASHLEYELROD7279
  • BUICK LESABRE
I have a 1997 buick lesabre that has 88,000 miles and a 3.8 engine that I just purchased last week. Three days ago I was driving around when the car sputtered.I got the car home just fine but when I went back to start it, it would not start. It turns over fine and we ahve checked the pressure of the fuel pump and the fuel injectors and they are all fine, I am also getting plenty of spark. Please tell me what I can try next.
Monday, October 8th, 2007 AT 2:46 PM

MERLIN2021
The third thing you need to start is compression, remove all plugs get a gauge screw the gauge into each cylinder one by one, record the readings. The other thing to check. Is the check engine light on? See if you can get the codes read. Try wiggling the connector at the crankshaft position sensor.
Monday, October 8th, 2007 AT 2:51 PM
TCCC143
If you have fuel pressure and spark the only thing left would be the ECM. But also what reports to the ECm would be the cam and crankshaft senors. Even the ignition control module may be out or firing wrong. But if you have spark and fuel pressure then it is definatley electrical (sensors cam or crank, ignition module) or the computer(ecm). Something is telling the motor to fire out of sync or not to except the firing order at all.
Thursday, November 8th, 2007 AT 7:20 PM
DENNYP
I agree with merlin, If you have proper fuel pressure and spark, check the compression. Also, look at the top of the intake manifold just behind the throttle body.I have had several 3.8s that have had a hole burnt through the manifold. It is caused from the EGR pipe overheating the manifold and causing an internal coolant leak. Be sure to check your coolant level also. :)
+1
Friday, November 9th, 2007 AT 7:10 AM
MERLIN2021
Thanks Den!
Friday, November 9th, 2007 AT 5:16 PM
AREHART8900
For alittle more info to help figure this out, if you set for alittle bit the car will start but it shakes and will die if you try to throttle up, so after it dies turn the key off and the next time you try it it might run just fine.
Sunday, November 11th, 2007 AT 11:23 AM
DENNYP
You might want to double check your fuel pressure to make sure it is within specs.
Monday, November 12th, 2007 AT 8:27 AM
WRAKEN
I had this problem on another car. Can't remember exactly what the mechanic said it was, but the problem was electrical.
Monday, November 19th, 2007 AT 6:03 PM
DENNYP
In order for an engine to run, it must have air, fuel, compression, and spark. If it has an electrical problem, that usually takes away the fuel or spark. Be sure you check the basics.
Monday, November 19th, 2007 AT 8:45 PM