2004 Buick Lesabre Fan Quit

RROSS1050
  • 2004 BUICK LESABRE
Air Conditioning problem
2004 Buick Lesabre 6 cyl Automatic 112000 miles

The air conditioning fan stopped working one day when we turned it on - and then it would all of a sudden come on. Then when it was on, when we went over a bump, it would affect the fan running. Now it won't come on at all.

I live in Florida and I have to have the air working due to asthma for most of the year if it even gets a little warm. I would appreciate any assistance you can give me.

Thank you.
Wednesday, October 20th, 2010 AT 6:57 PM

SATURNTECH9
Do you have a auto climate control or manual a/c?Let me know so I can get you the correct info.
+1
Wednesday, October 20th, 2010 AT 7:14 PM
RROSS1050
It is manual since I have to turn it on when we need it.
Thank you for your very quick response.
Roberta
Wednesday, October 20th, 2010 AT 8:05 PM
SATURNTECH9
It sound's like you could have a bad blower motor or loose connection. On the passenger side under the dash remove the hush panel that cover's the a/c box. Then put the fan on high when the fan doesn't work try wiggling the connector around that goes to the blower motor see if the fan come's on.
-1
Wednesday, October 20th, 2010 AT 10:40 PM
RROSS1050
Thank you! I was thinking it was possibly a loose connection. I will definitely check it out when I get home. I was going to mention that we had just had the car serviced a few weeks ago, and they told us we didn't have a filter for the A/C and did we want one. We weren't aware there wasn't one! So they put a new one in. I was wondering if that didn't have something to do with it cause I read online that sometimes the fan will quit if the filter needs to be replaced.

Thank you again - you ROCK!
Roberta in Tampa, Florida

PS: I will defiinitely give a donation!
Thursday, October 21st, 2010 AT 11:25 AM
SATURNTECH9
If the filter get's restricted it will block the air flow of the fan but won't keep the motor from spinning.
-1
Thursday, October 21st, 2010 AT 3:06 PM