2002 BUICK LESABRE CRUISE CONTROL

• kidblue
  • 2002 Buick Lesabre

2002 Buick Lesabre 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 80000 miles

I have a 2002 Buick LeSabre and it has the 3800 V-6 engine with 63,800 miles. The steering wheel has the radio functions on it and the cruise On / Off switch is also on the steering wheel ( bottom Left).

When I push the button to turn on the cruise it will only blink. When I press the same button and the set button at the same time I can see next to the speedometer it lights up the cruise light. Once I release, the small led on the on/off switch goes out and so does the one next to the speedometer. Not sure if there is a short in the steering wheel of if I need to look under the hood at the cruise control module. Either way I still do not know how to fix it.

Any Help is Appreciated

Monday, August 18th, 2008 AT 3:49 PM

• 76patriot

I have a 2001 Lesabre and it does the same thing. If you hold the on/off cruise button, the cruise works, as soon as you release it, the cruise goes off.

If you get the solution, please advise. I will do the same.

Tuesday, August 19th, 2008 AT 4:08 PM
  • kidblue

Found the on off switch bad I replaced it now it works fine. Cost $32.00

Tuesday, August 19th, 2008 AT 7:53 PM
  • 76patriot

Purchased new switch from rockauto. Com for $23.92 including shipping. Just pry old switch from steering wheel, unplug, reverse procedure and you are on your way. Did the trick.

Friday, September 19th, 2008 AT 7:07 AM