2000 Buick Lesabre

My car will start but as soon as I take my foot off the gas it stops. Just started today and I am at a loss was running fine until now. All my guages are fins and within normal range. Any help would be great
Thanks so much
Kelly :D

Monday, June 11th, 2007 AT 10:48 AM

Well. First off. How new is your fuel filter? If over 15,000 miles on it I would change it. 10 dollar fix. It is located on the pass. Side in front of the rear tire. It should be right along the frame. And air filter? If those are good. Did you notice the service engine light on while the car was running. If so the it may be the idle air control sensor. It is a little motor with a spindle and beveled tip that controls the air flow in the throttle body while the engine is idling. I priced one @ NAPA and they run about 70 bucks. Does it run ruff? If so they cause that also. Not all the time. It may also be a vacuum leak. They usually cause your car to idle high but you never know. If you what some more info post a reply and I will explain how to test the sensor. I will say they are kinda hard to remove. It is a a weird angle. Try this. The sensor is on the side of the throttle body facing the front of the car(radiator side) it is the sensor that sticks out about 2 inch and is round. The connector will be facing up pointing @ your face. Un plug it and se if it idles if so the that is probably the problem. If it still won't idle. Let me know. I'll dig a bit deeper.
How this helped.

Wednesday, June 13th, 2007 AT 11:20 PM