1998 BUICK LESABRE OIL PRESSURE TOO HIGH

• Jdfmax
  • 1998 BUICK LESABRE

1998 Buick Lesabre 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 98000 miles

I have my engine rebuilt 3000 miles ago. At that time my engine oil pressure went down into 0 but the engine oil level was full.
After engine rebuilt, the oil pressure was set at 80 (the original pressure was 40). The mechanic told me they changed a bigger bump and it is better than the old one.
after 3000 miles driving, I found that the oil pressure goes to 85 and some time reach 95!
But when I restart the car, the pressure will go back to 85 - 90.
During the 3000 miles driving, I never go faster than 80mph and I always keep my speed at 65 on freeway.

Friday, August 27th, 2010 AT 1:00 AM

• Rasmataz

Hi jdfmax, Welcome to 2carpros and TY for the donation

They probably put in a high volume pump in it-if it was me I'll change back to the OEM part oil pump-A typical engine oil pressure while idle should be 10-15psi and at part throttle should range between 30-45 psi -Your pressure is just too high, normally at 70psi the oil pressure relief valve should open-but who knows the pressure relief valve could be sticking/or not opening at all.

Friday, August 27th, 2010 AT 1:42 AM
  • Jdfmax

Okay. I checked the auto parts.

Melling/Oil Pump Kit
For your 1998 Buick Lesabre 3.8L SFI OHV 6cyl

Is this stuff I need to change for my car?

Friday, August 27th, 2010 AT 1:52 AM