1998 Buick Lesabre CAR WONT START

SKINFLINT
  • 1998 BUICK LESABRE
1998 Buick Lesabre 6 cyl 159000 miles

I have good battery connection, haven't had any problems. I killed it and it wouldn't start again. The engine wouldn't turn over at all. What could it be?
Monday, February 16th, 2009 AT 12:40 PM

Disconnect a sparkplug wire or 2 and ground it to the engine -have helper crank engine over-do you have a snapping blue spark? If so-you have a fuel related problem, check the fuel pressure to rule out the fuel filter/fuel pump/pressure regulator and listen to the injector/s are they pulsing or hook up a noid light. No snapping blue spark continue to troubleshoot the ignition system-power input to the coil/coil packs, distributor pick-up coil, ignition control module, cam and crank sensors- Note: If it doesn't apply disregard it
Monday, February 16th, 2009 AT 12:42 PM
MOSHBIKES21
Skin I am haven the same problem. Shut the car off one day and went back to start 10mins later nothen. I have pwr but when I turned key over I would get no response out of the car. My problem is the factory secuirty system in the car. The chip in my key (little back chip) is not reading. GM dealer ship says wires are broke or key needs to be remaped to the car. Either way prices 200-650 to have it done I am looking for a way to bypass the secuirty system as soon as I find a way I will let you know so you can try
at this time I am going to pull igntion and try to start the car without the key I will repost my findings
if anyone else has this problem and knows how to bypass the secuirty system pls leave a message my buick is 95 v6 3600 or 3800 I cant rember
Saturday, February 21st, 2009 AT 2:07 PM
MOSHBIKES21
Just got done ripped the stearing coloum apart to get to the ignition the one of the wires had been cut dont know how but went to the security sytem. Splyced a new wire to the security sytem and car started took about 4hrs but well worth trying myself save 500-600 in cash I would say check your wires hope you have as much luck as me
Sunday, February 22nd, 2009 AT 12:49 PM