1993 Buick Lesabre Cranks over sometimes starts, sometimes

DIRTYGERTIE
  • 1993 BUICK LESABRE
We are stumpted on this one. We have changed the gas tank, the fuel relay, the sending unit, the fuel pump, and the fuel filter. The car cranks over fine, some times you can hear the pump kick in, some times you cannot. One time I got it running and took it for a drive. I got about 15 miles away, and it died on me. I could not get it to start, it cranks over, but won't start. I left the car for a day, and went to go get it, and then it started. It has to be something with a sensor, what do you think?
Cannot trust my Buick.
Saturday, August 16th, 2008 AT 8:57 AM

MMPRINCE4000
Check the fuel pressure with a mechanical gauge during one of these episodes. If none, then the ECM may not be picking up an ignition signal from the ign. And shutting off the FP.

You can hook up a inductive timing light to the wires to see if you are getting spark, If not then I would suspect the ign. Module.

If you are getting spark you could bypass the relay by connecting terminal "G" of the ALDL to 12V.
If it runs then the relay is bad or possibly the back up oil pressure sender circuit.
Sunday, August 17th, 2008 AT 6:39 AM
DIRTYGERTIE
I finally found my problem! As I was taking the coil packs off, I found that one of the spark plugs were all corroded on one of the coil paks. I still took off the Ignition Control Module and took it in to have it tested, it tested okay. So I knew it had to be the coil pack. It has only been a couple days now, but I think I found my problem. Thank you to everyone who responded, and I hope this might help someone else that cannot trust their trustworthy Buick.
Sunday, August 31st, 2008 AT 2:04 PM
DIRTYGERTIE
Sunday, August 31st, 2008 AT 2:04 PM