1999 BUICK CENTURY ENGINE LIGHT, LOW COOLANT, OVERHEATING

• Gitty
  • 1999 Buick Century

Engine Cooling problem
1999 Buick Century 157000 miles

My car has been shaking when I drive 50 mph. At times the low coolant light goes off. My mechanic said it's just a bad sensor. The check engine light goes on too. The mechanic says the car may be misfiring. Now the car is overheating. We just had the radiator repaired. What do you suggest is the problem & how much would you anticipate such repairs to cost?

Thursday, March 4th, 2010 AT 10:13 AM

• Jacobandnickolas

First, has your mechanic even checked anything or assuming the problems? If the check engine light is on, then there is a code stored in the computer that will identify where the problem is coming from. If it is a misfire, it needs to be fixed before it causes other problems.

As far as the overheating, I would start with the thermostat to make sure it isn't sticking shut. Also, let me know if the car overheats at highway speeds or only intown driving.

Friday, March 12th, 2010 AT 1:35 PM