1990 Buick Century Right front pass noise

JRUEMPEL
  • 1990 BUICK CENTURY
I have a 1990 Buick Century that makes a noise on the passenger side front wheel area, like a wheel bearing is going out, but I know this not to be the case as there is no bearing. It's a real bad whining or wobbling sound. If I turn right to where there is less weight on the wheel, the noise gets better. If I turn left to where there is more weght on the wheel, it gets worse. I have replaced the outer tie rod end, both struts, all tires and both CV joints. I don't know what else to replace that would contribute to this noise. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
JR
Friday, December 19th, 2008 AT 1:18 PM

JALOPYPAPA
Sounds like a wheel bearing to me. Why do you say there is not one? There has to be one. It's part a unit with the hub with the lug bolts. Three bolts hold the bearing/hub unit onto the steering knuckle. They're accessible through holes in the wheel mounting flange. May require a Torx bit. Also have to remove the axle nut and may need a puller if the hub is stuck on the axle splines.
Saturday, December 20th, 2008 AT 9:40 PM