BRAKES LOCKED/SMOKE AND BAD SMELL FROM ENGINE

2003 Honda Accord

Kurtice

August, 8, 2013 AT 6:05 AM

The issue started when the 2 body brake lights stopped workng. Te switch, bulbs, and fuses were all replaced. Then last night as it was being driven all acceleration ceased. There was a bad screeching sound and a terrible smell as well as smoking coming from the engine bay. (I was told it was the drivers side). Then, after the car was parked the brakes seized and the car couldn't be moved except by tow truck. It will still start. Any insight into this problem would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance,
Kurtice

hmac300

August, 8, 2013 AT 8:34 AM

Scan for codes as there may be an abs problem. You might pull the fuse to the abs unit and see if your brakes unsieze.

Kurtice

August, 8, 2013 AT 9:09 AM

Ok, I will let them know. Could that also be responsible for the smoke from the engine bay as well?

hmac300

August, 8, 2013 AT 9:25 AM

The smoke cold be from coolant or anything burning up underhood so unless I could physically see it then it would be a guess on my part.

Kurtice

August, 8, 2013 AT 9:37 AM

Ok. Thanks for the help. It's being looked at today by a mechanic friend and hopefully it's not anything too serious.

Cabin Air Filter Replacement
Air Conditioner Condenser Fan Relay Replace
Air Conditioner Recharge - Simple
Cabin Air Filter Replacement
Cabin Air Filter Replacement Honda Civic
Cabin Air Filter Replacement Saturn Vue