Brakes locked/smoke and bad smell from engine

KURTICE
  • 2003 HONDA ACCORD

The issue started when the 2 body brake lights stopped workng. Te switch, bulbs, and fuses were all replaced. Then last night as it was being driven all acceleration ceased. There was a bad screeching sound and a terrible smell as well as smoking coming from the engine bay. (I was told it was the drivers side). Then, after the car was parked the brakes seized and the car couldn't be moved except by tow truck. It will still start. Any insight into this problem would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance,
Kurtice

Thursday, August 8th, 2013 AT 6:05 AM

Scan for codes as there may be an abs problem. You might pull the fuse to the abs unit and see if your brakes unsieze.

Thursday, August 8th, 2013 AT 8:34 AM
KURTICE

Ok, I will let them know. Could that also be responsible for the smoke from the engine bay as well?

Thursday, August 8th, 2013 AT 9:09 AM

The smoke cold be from coolant or anything burning up underhood so unless I could physically see it then it would be a guess on my part.

Thursday, August 8th, 2013 AT 9:25 AM
KURTICE

Ok. Thanks for the help. It's being looked at today by a mechanic friend and hopefully it's not anything too serious.

Thursday, August 8th, 2013 AT 9:37 AM