Brake lights are not working

ALFRED LEE GAMEZ
  • 2000 CADILLAC ESCALADE
I have no brake lights when I step on the brake. I have replaced the tail lights, brake switch up by the brake pedal checked for a blow fuse and still nothing. Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Al
Friday, December 2nd, 2016 AT 5:22 PM

JOHNNY G.JR
Have assistant press brake pedal and check for twelve volts at brake light socket.
Friday, December 2nd, 2016 AT 5:57 PM
Okay Boss,

I have no miracle Answer for you. Sorry!

I do best with real Jeeps and other carbureted vehicles.

I did get you a map with lots of twists and turns, too complicated for me to text you all you need/ should see with your own eyes.

Maybe it will show you stuff you have not thought of, or had no idea it was involved.

We have access to "Prodemand", using the information you provided, I was able to a diagram of "exterior lights" for you rig.

This includes fuses, switches, etc and locations of some of the stuff.
Bad thing is, I cannot just click and copy a lot of their stuff, as they are a "pay" repair manual.

I had to make three separate screen shots, crop out the rest of my computer screen, name, save as, save them in my pictures, just so I could get them to you.

I insured all three overlap so that no part was lost.

First picture is top/ second is middle/ third is bottom

I had to make three separate screenshots, then crop out the the edges of my screen.

So,

These are easy to trace, locations (such as a relays/ fuses, etc.) Are listed beside them.

It might be easier to begin with the lights (bottom diagram) work your way through the system sort of backwards, as starting at the top might lead you around like a maze!

Let me know if this helps you out!

If not, continue to respond, other experts from here sometimes jump in to help out as well.

Friday, December 2nd, 2016 AT 6:31 PM