Brake and fuel

CRAIG JULIAN WILLIAMS
  • 1995 FIAT UNO
Hi I am Craig, I have a Fiat Uno fire 1100. My problems are as follow:
1. I had brake fluid leaking at my rear left wheel. I replaced the wheel cylinder but the same day after replacement, it started leaking again. I noticed that when pulling up my handbrake the left shoe jumps out of place at the "piston". Also, when applying foot brakes, the is no movement of the pistons, even though upon bleeding there is brake fluid in the line.
2. I am experiencing a air sound under the dashboard at the brake pedal when applying the foot brake which will result in the car switching off, therefore I have to drive with the choke to achieve a higher idle to prevent the car from dying when applying brakes
3. I am experiencing heavy fuel consumption, and can smell a rich fuel smell from the engine bay and exhaust.
Any advice will be highly appreciated. Thank you in advance.
Tuesday, May 9th, 2017 AT 11:30 AM

KEN

The sound and the low fuel mileage are related. I think the power brake booster has gone bad and needs replacement. As far as the rear brake show jumping out of place and the wheel cylinder leaking there must be part missing which is causing the wheel cylinder to over extend itself causing the leak. Can you take a pic of the wheel in question so I can look at it please?

Please let us know.

Cheers, Ken
+1
Thursday, May 11th, 2017 AT 12:13 PM