2005 BMW X3 HOW TO CHANGE REVERSING LIGHT SWITCH

• rossbro
  • 2005 BMW X3

2005 BMW X3 Four Wheel Drive Manual

Hi all,

I have a 2005 2.0 diesel BMW x3 and the reversing (back up) light switch needs to be replaced.

I've not had the car that long so am unsure of where everything is situated on the car, but when I've gone underneath it, I can see that everything is covered by heat shields/protective casings.

Can anyone give me a clue as to which section the gearbox sits above so I don't end up stripping all the car to get to the switch and if there's any hints/tips you can give me for doing the job!

Ross

Friday, January 23rd, 2009 AT 11:00 AM

• Dr. Hagerty

The switch is on the transmission at about where the drivers butt hits the seat. This is an easy, straightforward job so don't be too concerned. I would definitely have an electric screw gun to get those shield screws off.

Friday, January 23rd, 2009 AT 11:08 AM
  • rossbro

Thanks for your help with this. Managed to change the switch myself this afternoon and all is working correctly!

Sunday, January 25th, 2009 AT 3:55 PM
  • Dr. Hagerty

No worries!

Sunday, January 25th, 2009 AT 8:51 PM