HOW TO CHANGE REVERSING LIGHT SWITCH

2005 BMW X3

rossbro

January, 23, 2009 AT 11:00 AM

2005 BMW X3 Four Wheel Drive Manual

Hi all,

I have a 2005 2.0 diesel BMW x3 and the reversing (back up) light switch needs to be replaced.

I've not had the car that long so am unsure of where everything is situated on the car, but when I've gone underneath it, I can see that everything is covered by heat shields/protective casings.

Can anyone give me a clue as to which section the gearbox sits above so I don't end up stripping all the car to get to the switch and if there's any hints/tips you can give me for doing the job!

Ross

Dr. Hagerty

January, 23, 2009 AT 11:08 AM

The switch is on the transmission at about where the drivers butt hits the seat. This is an easy, straightforward job so don't be too concerned. I would definitely have an electric screw gun to get those shield screws off.

rossbro

Thanks for your help with this. Managed to change the switch myself this afternoon and all is working correctly!

Dr. Hagerty

No worries!

Reverse Light Bulb Replacement Chevrolet
Headlight Bulb Replacement GMC Yukon