2005 BMW X3 FRONT WINDSCREEN WASHER

• Rewart
  • 2005 BMW X3

2005 BMW X3 4 cyl Four Wheel Drive Manual 68000 miles

main windscreen washers not working, I can still hear the pump working, where do the pipe connection from the bottle to nossles on bonnet go to check if there is a loose connection. Rear working okay

Tuesday, November 18th, 2008 AT 2:46 AM

• Dr. Hagerty

I would start by removing the pump for the windshield washers and see if the screen is blocked.

Tuesday, November 18th, 2008 AT 9:52 AM
  • Rossbro

I had the very same problem with my X3 recently and it was really easy to resolve.

At the front of the screen bottle, there are two pumps (one for front and one for the rear). They simply click forward and then lift out revealing a rubber stopper which the pump sits in.

Simply remove the rubber stoppers and attached to them is a filter which gets clogged up. Clean the filters and simply put them back in.

One thing to note. When you remove the filter, you will drain the entire content of your screen wash bottle!

+1
Sunday, January 25th, 2009 AT 4:00 PM
  • Dr. Hagerty

It is always nice to have someone in agreement!

Monday, January 26th, 2009 AT 10:55 AM