1997 BMW 528 car wont start

HUGO RICO
  • 1997 BMW 528
I bought this car about six years ago, and I put a lot of miles on it, so the head gasket went bad, and I decided to fix it my self. I replaced the head gasket, valve cover gasket, exhaust gasket, water pump, belts and rebuild the head. When I finished the car, It was running really good. The next day I tried to start it and the engine did not even turn. It has a new battery. Everything else works except it doesn't start. The started doesn't even make a sound. Its dead. All the lights turn on but the engine wont even try to start. Doesn't make a noise.
So what can I check? What can I do to fix it?
Tuesday, June 9th, 2009 AT 2:48 AM

DR. HAGERTY
When the head was off, did you have it pressure tested? What might be happening is the head was overheated and it cracked the water jacket and one or more of the cylinders is full of coolant. Also it might have something out of alignment in the drive away protection system called EWS, for this to be realigned, you may need to seek out a shop that has the scanning equipment to do so, or the dealer.
Tuesday, June 9th, 2009 AT 8:36 AM