1991 BMW 525 Could this be bushings or other suspension pro

MICKAEL
  • 1991 BMW 525
I recently purchase a 91 BMW 525, I was told that I needed lower Aarm bushings replaced. The reason for this was due to during braking the steering wheel and front end would shutter under hard braking and would disapate if you pump the brake peddle lightly and eased into braking procedure. The problem I have now is both front tires have worn down to the metal core on the inside portion of both tires. The rims look to be at a very negative camber. I looked under the car and took note that my lower A arm is aluminum and on my modal it can call for alum. Or metal A arm. Please help me, what could be my problem? If you have any questions please call me at 602-435-3668.
Monday, July 12th, 2010 AT 9:40 AM

DR. HAGERTY
http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts.do?model=HD63&mospid=47404&btnr=31_0250&hg=31&fg=05

This link will take you to an exploded view. The suspension will need to be inspected by a front end man (or woman) to determine the extent of the repairs required. The parts that are suspect are the bushings, #3 & #8, also the tie rods and center track arm will require inspection.
Monday, July 12th, 2010 AT 12:23 PM