NO POWER TO THE FUEL PUMP & FUEL PUMP FUSE? WILL NOT STA

• my1992doc325i
  • BMW 325

200,000. Miles
First thank you all for your input.
My 1992 BMW 325I 4 door DOC 6 cylinder (M.F.D 01/01/1992)* note*this Is the 1998 body style
Yesterday my wife & I were driving the car around town without any problems. We stopped & turned the car off for less then five minutes, & When I went to start the car it was like the fuel pump had stopped working? Yes, I did have over a half tank of gas so I removed the pump. When doing so I decided to test the fuel pump before anything else. The result was a perfectly working fuel pump.
So then I went to the fuse box in the left of the engine compartment against the fire wall. #18 is shown on the fuse box cover to be the fuel pump. I am NOT GETTING POWER TO THAT FUSE?
I wanted to see if the car would start by bypassing the whole fuse box, so I rigged up an inline fuse to a wire and spliced to another " for sure" power source. Then I turned the key and got it to fire, but not run? Maybe she's flooded, but that was a shoot in the dark anyway.
Is this a common malfunction with BMW's?
Can anybody tell me where the fuel pump relay is?
Or where/what to look for/replace
Again, thank you all for your much needed advice.
Bret P.

Friday, April 14th, 2006 AT 6:00 PM

• DoratheExplorer

Same place as the fuses.

Thursday, May 11th, 2006 AT 3:45 PM