BMW 325i

KIMAYO
  • 1932 BMW 325
I came across your website while looking up info. About my BMW. I have a 325i and love it and will prayerfully stay with BMW, however my car is a 2001 I bought it 3 years ago and it had approximately 30,000 miles on it. I am now at 100,000 mostly because I use to be in outside medical sales and did a lot of local driving in my car. I have not had major issues but over a month ago the transmission light came on and my mechanic found that I needed a new censor for the transmission and not an actual transmission (thank god) but the light came on briefly again this past week end after a month of having the censor changed. It is driving fine and hope it was a fluke. I am taking it on Monday for my mechanic to put it on the computer to make sure nothing serious.

My question is I would like to keep the car for at least another 3 -4 years. Do you think this is reasonable? How many total miles are most BMW's able to stand? If forbid I had to invest in a new transmission would you say that would be a worthwhile investment considering I would like to keep the car for at least another 3-4 years? By the way I just had new plugs put on which are good for another 100,000 miles
I thank you for your response and webiste.
Friday, June 8th, 2007 AT 6:12 PM

DR. HAGERTY
To answer your question, yes it is worth it.
Saturday, October 20th, 2007 AT 1:18 AM