An internal noise?

• 1 POST
  • BMW 320

I drive a 1991 BMW 320I, 2 litre engine with 135000 miles on the cloak.

the problem is with a squeaking noise that comes on pressing the clutch pedal all the way down and even NOISER on gradually releasing it.

it comes and go, on good days there are no noises at all until I have driven for more than thirty minutes!

changing gears remains smooth and reliable without any jittering or external noise, the clutch does not freeze or slip.

I have noticed that in cold weather the pedal moves OK but with hot temperatures the noise would come back again.

I have tried repeated quick thrusts of pressing and quick releasing of the pedal and noticed that the the noise seems to muffle a bit only to become exaggerated again when in slow motion, making me thinking whether this is purely a mechanical friction problem, I have tried DW40 grease with limited success.

the problem has been on going(on and off) for few months but has started to annoy me recently with the increasingly hot weather here in England.

I have taken it twice to a mechanic to inspect it early in the morning but to my surprise there was no noise and the mechanic drove it in front of me and was wondering what exactly is bothering me? Soon after I have left the garage the noise came back !

thank you for your time, I hope you could help me

Thursday, May 3rd, 2007 AT 8:29 AM

The clutch throw out bearing is failing.

Monday, August 6th, 2007 AT 8:40 PM