CAR WON'T TURN OVER

2001 BMW 318

prashan

February, 8, 2010 AT 6:54 AM

2001 BMW 318 Manual

I tried starting my car but it turns over yet the main engine will not start. I recently had my battery changed because I thought it was the cause but is still giving me the problem. Also ran a diagnostics on the computer to see if there was any fault but it all showed up ok.

February, 8, 2010 AT 7:02 AM

Cranks but no start condition: Fuel and Spark: Get a helper disconnect a sparkplug wire or 2 and ground it to the engine at least 3/16 away from ground -have helper crank engine over-do you have a snapping blue spark? If so-you have a fuel related problem, check the fuel pressure to rule out the fuel filter/fuel pump/pressure regulator and listen to the injector/s are they pulsing or hook up a noid light. No snapping blue spark continue to troubleshoot the ignition system-power input to the coil/coil packs, coil's resistances, distributor pick-up coil, ignition control module, cam and crank sensors and computer Note: If it doesn't apply disregard it.

Compression: If both fuel and spark is present-check the valve and ignition timing, this will lead you to problems
with compression and valves opening and closing at the wrong time/broken or jumped timing
belt/chain.

Starter Replacement
Battery Replacement Guide
Battery Replacement Ford Escape 2000-2006
Battery Replacement