1997 BMW 318 fuel pupm

WASIMLEEDS
  • 1997 BMW 318
I have changed my fuel pump 3 times in the last 13 months.I had my car tested on the computer and it had no electrical faults, the mechanic advised me it was the fuel pump, I got this changed and the car was ok for about 6 months, the same thing happened again, the mechanic said it was again the fule pump, I got this changed along with the fuel filter, as the fuel pump was still under warrenty I took it back to the supplier who sent it back to the manufactures, the pump came back as being faulty and I got my money back. The new pump laster about 4 months and again the same problem, as I had lost my receipt I could not go back to the suppliers, I again got a new fuel pump this time a Bosch one and now after about 6 weeks I have the same problem. Surely there must be something esle wrong? All 3 pumps cannot be faulty can they? Can anyone help?
Monday, April 21st, 2008 AT 4:14 AM

MHPAUTOS
Hi there,

I would check the pump voltage at the plug if it is under volt it could be causing a problem, did you flush and clean the tank? Normal warranty procedure for a new pump as is a filter change, also check the pressure regulator and the rail pressure to make sure every thing is as per normal. As for multi pump failures. Well stranger things have happened.

Monday, April 21st, 2008 AT 4:31 AM