1991 BMW 318 back brakes

CSTEN
  • 1991 BMW 318
Gday I own a BMW 318i with aprox 320000 miles problem is I recently found out the rear brakes has not been holding for a very long time I 've checked the system and theres no brake fluid going to the calipers so I disconect the lines between the fluid regulator and the caliper blow the system out with the air hose, change the rotor, caliper and master cylinder and the hydro unit (anti lock unit) and still theres no fluid flowing to the rear when I try ti bleed the system. Please help and thank you in advance
Chris
Saturday, April 4th, 2009 AT 11:21 PM

DR. HAGERTY
How are you bleeding the system, are you pressure bleeding or do you have a helper pressing the pedal? It should be a one man operation with a pressure bleeder or if you dont have that equipment you will need to loosen the lines at the brake master and hold your fingers over the outlet ports and pump the pedal until fluid is forced out. Then reconnect the lines and bleed as you normally would.
Sunday, April 5th, 2009 AT 10:08 PM